Poll: What is worse – Fans leaving early, fans turning up late or standing on an upturned plug?

first_img1 Poll: What is worse – Fans leaving early, fans turning up late or standing on an upturned plug? Jurgen Klopp hit out at the Liverpool fans who left early during the defeat to Crystal Palace on Sunday.The Liverpool manager said he felt “pretty alone at this moment” as he suffered his first defeat in his new job.So the Drivetime team want to know what is worst – Fans leaving early, fans turning up late or standing on an upturned plug?Cast your vote below!last_img

#TakeOverTuesday: Jason’s Pumpkin Patch, Ottawa County

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest IssuesOhio’s top conservation farmers honored IssuesLegal with Leah: The Michindoh Aquifer News RoomCultivating a Cure sets attendance, fundraising records Our OhioNine organizations receive Foundation grants IssuesOhio manufacturers, ag producers need the USMCA IssuesRural Legal Assistance on Town Hall Ohio IssuesResources available to manage farm stress StatewideOhio farmers rally to help Nebraska colleagues StatewideWhere to Find Cover Crop Beer Issues2019 State, National Priority Issueslast_img

Bengal DGP takes stock of situation

first_imgWest Bengal Director General of Police Surajit Kar Purkayastha on Tuesday took stock of the situation in North Bengal’s Kalimpong and said locals and police were working to help restore normalcy in the district. “Today [Tuesday], I visited Kalimpong. It is heartening to see that the situation is becoming normal. The local public is also very happy. The police and the locals have worked hand in hand to restore normalcy and make the situation better,” Mr. Purkayastha said. Identifying miscreants“We have identified a few people trying to create disturbance. Many of them have already been arrested, the rest will also be arrested,” he said. He went around the Damber Chowk area in Kalimpong and talked to a few locals there.last_img

Agent: Raptors, Lowry Agree On $31 Million Extension

first_imgKyle Lowry and the Toronto Raptors have agreed on a $31 million, one-year extension that could keep him with the NBA champions through the 2020-21 season.Agent Mark Bartelstein on Monday confirmed the agreement, which was first reported by ESPN. Lowry and the Raptors had been talking for some time about this, so the extension was not unexpected.The star guard was entering the final year of a $100 million, three-year deal. But now he’ll bypass free agency next summer, and the short-term deal helps the Raptors keep the flexibility many teams will want going into what’s likely to be a massive free-agent summer of 2021.Lowry is entering his 14th NBA season and his eighth with the Raptors, making him the longest-tenured player on the roster. He’s been an All-Star the last five seasons. He averaged 14.2 points and a career-best 8.7 assists last season while helping Toronto win its first NBA title.Breaking: Kyle Lowry and the Toronto Raptors have agreed on a one-year, $31M contract extension that takes the five-time All-Star guard out of July’s free agency market, agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN. https://t.co/nkhme9AHes— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 7, 2019Lowry said last month that winning one championship has whetted his appetite for another.“I’m motivated even more than ever now,” he said. “When you get a taste of it, you always want it.”He has been gratified by the Raptors’ success.“I’ve been through the ups and downs,” he said. “I was able to help bring a championship here, from the time when they were talking about tanking for certain players. I’m not saying I’m the sole reason but I feel like I have a big part of it.”Lowry has been dealing with the aftereffects of offseason thumb surgery. It kept him from playing for USA Basketball at this summer’s World Cup, and he isn’t playing in the Raptors’ preseason games this week in Japan against Houston.But at media day last month, Lowry suggested he’ll be ready for the regular season. The Raptors get their championship rings Oct. 22 before facing New Orleans in the opener.“I’m going to slow-roll it and make sure I’m fully ready to go when it’s time to go,” Lowry said.By: Tim Reynolds, AP Basketball WriterTweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img read more

10 months agoNewcastle striker Gayle opens door to West Brom stay

first_imgNewcastle striker Gayle opens door to West Brom stayby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United striker Dwight Gayle says there’s a good chance of signing permanently with West Brom.Gayle scored a classy treble away at Rotherham United on Saturday to move up to 13 goals for the season.It prompted calls of ‘sign him up’ from the sold-out away end, and Gayle has left the door open for a permanent switch.”I don’t know really, it could be on the cards,” he said. “For me the most important thing is getting promoted this season and finishing in the top two.”We all know what we’ve got to do and we’ve got a lot of hard work before the end of the season to do that. I’m loving it here at the moment and hopefully that continues.” TagsTransfersLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

a month agoZabaleta apologises to West Ham fans after Carabao Cup exit

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Zabaleta apologises to West Ham fans after Carabao Cup exitby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Ham United fullback Pablo Zabaleta has apologised to fans after their embarrassing Carabao Cup exit at Oxford United.Zabaleta admitted West Ham were well below-par during their 4-0 defeat at Oxford and said sorry to the travelling supporters.Stand-in captain Zabaleta told the official club website: “If you look at the performance, it’s not been anywhere near our standard and also in the way we lost was not good.”We are not the first Premier League team to be knocked out of the Carabao Cup. We saw Spurs (at Colchester) and we saw some other Premier League teams struggling to win games like that.”Obviously we just need to move on now and look at the mistakes we have made and think about Saturday (away to Bournemouth).”We return to the Premier League again and we don’t have too much time to recover. It’s only another 48 hours and we have another game and mentally we need to be strong for Saturday.”We feel sorry about the performance and sorry to the away fans who came to the game because obviously we don’t want our fans to see this kind of performance. It was just a bad night.” last_img read more

Ohio State Looking Into Braxton Miller Advocare Instagram Photo

first_imgBraxton Miller running with the football for Ohio State.COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 19: Wide receiver Braxton Miller #1 of the Ohio State Buckeyes looks to run the ball in the first quarter against the Northern Illinois Huskies at Ohio Stadium on September 19, 2015 in Columbus, Ohio. (Photo by Andrew Weber/Getty Images)Ohio State may have a Braxton Miller problem, and somehow, it isn’t related to whether he’ll be named the starting quarterback in 2015. Tuesday night, Miller may have made a mistake in promoting Advocare products on his Instagram page – something considered in violation of NCAA bylaws. According to James Grega Jr. of The Lantern, Ohio State is looking into the situation.OSU spokesman on Miller situation, “We are looking into this.” Might be nothing, but has attention of OSU athletic department— James Grega Jr. (@JGrega11) March 25, 2015Considering Ohio State’s recent history when it comes to player-related NCAA violations, expect the school to do its due diligence here. Whether Miller will be punished by either Ohio State or the NCAA remains to be seen.last_img read more

Keyshawn Johnson Offers Advice To Santonio Holmes

Sixteen years ago, Keyshawn Johnson was the No. 1 pick of the NFL Draft, landing in New York with the Jets. He was young and brash and before he was done he penned a book called, “Just Throw Me The Damn Ball.”To say Johnson was mouthy would be an understatement. So it was ironic – and pretty cool, too – that a much more mature Johnson spent some of the Jets’ first  day of training camp to lend advice to the Jets’ current mouthy receive, Santonio Holmes.“It was a big brother-to-little brother talk,” Holmes said. “He was just teaching me to be cordial to everybody and to understand what gift I have to this football team and learning how to utilize it.”Johnson, at Jets camp working for ESPN, figured he catch Holme’s ear because the receiver lately has been spewing nothing but venom. Since the last game of disappointing last season, when he did not catch a pass and was benched, Holmes has blasted quarterback Mark Sanchez, questioned the two-quarterback system of Sanchez and Tim Tebow and generally been Mr. Grinch.Immaturity is what Johnson attributed to Holmes’ penchant to taking on anyone in his path.“All eyes are you,” said Johnson, relating what he told Holmes. “If you can do it — and you’ve done it before — you can write your ticket.”Holmes was a lightening rod and disruption last year, criticizing Sanchez and the offensive line, making a bad season worse. Johnson was not acting as if he were Dr. Phil, but he did seem to believe Holmes will comport himself differently this year.“He’ll grow up,” Johnson said. “He’ll get there. I’m not worried.”Already, Holmes contends and Sanchez have become close and are looking forward to a big season.“That was last year, man,” Holmes said. “Let’s move on.” read more

MilinkovicSavic wants to rest before decision on future

first_imgThere have been reports that Juventus, Real Madrid and Manchester United are looking to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic who said he is happy to remain at Lazio.Amid growing speculation over a potential transfer to Juventus, Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic says he would be happy to stay with the Biancocelesti but refused short of giving any assurances over his future.The Italian champions are just one of the numerous clubs in chase of the 23-year-old. He played every minute of Serbia’s World Cup group games before they crashed out.Having defeated Costa Rica in their Group E opener, Serbia suffered defeats to Switzerland and Brazil as they finished third and crashed out of the competition.Following the 2-0 loss to Brazil, the €120 million-rated playmaker told Mediaset via FourFourTwo:Franck Ribery, FiorentinaFiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.“I need a little bit of rest now.“I’ll return to Rome and I would be happy if I stay at Lazio, as I’m content there and I have a contract.”Milinkovic-Savic netted 12 goals and made 35 appearances as Lazio finished fifth in Serie A in 2017-18. His emergence under head coach Simone Inzaghi attracted Europe’s top clubs.“I read something different in the papers every day, but I haven’t thought about it yet,” he added.“First, I’ll rest for a bit, then we’ll see.”last_img read more

Inter made the correct decisions Spalleti

first_imgLuciano Spalletti is uncertain about Radja Nainggolan’s fitness against Torino but insists Inter Milan “made the right choices” in the defeat to Sassuolo.Spalleti’s side are considered favourites to challenge Juventus for the Scudetto, but they shockingly lost 1-0 to Sassuolo in their first league game.“We can look back and recognise some things we did better than others, but we remain convinced we made the right choices against Sassuolo,” said the Coach in his Press conference.“During the match, we lacked the unity and confidence we had last year during the fight for fourth place. For new elements of our approach to work, we must also rely on those tried and tested certainties.“I know my players and the way we train will sort everything out.”Meanwhile, Walter Mazzarri’s Torino were only beaten by a last-gasp Edin Dzeko volley in the 1-0 loss to Roma.“Toro always go out there with daggers drawn. We’ve got to do well to seek a victory, whether it’s pretty or not. We must be ready to go beyond the limits.Romelu Lukaku, Serie A, Inter MilanCapello calls Lukaku “a modern striker” Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The former Italian manager believes Romelu Lukaku is perfectly suited for Antonio Conte’s Internazionale Milan in the Serie A.“This is a strong side, and it is, therefore, our duty to have a strong season. I don’t know if we’re the main challengers to Juve, as first, we must be the challengers to Roma and Napoli, seeing as they finished ahead of us last season.“If we just evaluate the Sassuolo match, we’re not the main challengers to anyone, as we have to do better. We’ve got to take the initiative and carry that belief to bring the result home. We are in debt with our fans, and they deserve more.”Mauro Icardi seemed isolated even when supported by Lautaro Martinez, Matteo Politano, and Kwadwo Asamoah.“He has always been a great hitman with precise characteristics, but he can do even better. In my view, if he drops deep to dialogue with his teammates, he’ll create more problems for the opposition defenders.”Radja Nainggolan missed the trip to Sassuolo with a muscular problem and could get his Inter debut tomorrow.“Nainggolan is in the squad, but we have to be wary because the supervision of the medical staff is crucial here. There are some risks, and we’ll decide what to do.“Milan Skriniar has recovered completely, and Keita Balde is at our disposal. We’ve got to keep a strong balance in the team.”last_img read more