Seacroft Marine bags new contracts

first_imgAberdeen-based maritime specialist Seacroft Marine Consultants has won more than £500,000 ($710,000) in new contracts in the first three months of 2018.Seacroft Marine said on Thursday that the most recent deal with an unnamed client would see the company deliver its SafeZone 500 training program to 300 offshore and marine personnel involved in ensuring safe vessel operations within 500m safety zones around platforms and rigs in the southern North Sea.Michael Cowlam, technical director of Seacroft Marine, said: “SafeZone 500 has already been adopted by seven leading operating companies on the UKCS and Seacroft have trained over 600 platform, rig, and vessel personnel to the SafeZone 500 standard; that figure will rise to over 1,000 by year-end.”Other contract wins include a marine assurance contract with Ineos FPS, supporting all their vessel operations. This contract will also see Seacroft provide marine representatives to oversee safe operation of the monohull walk-to-work accommodation vessel Polar Queen during a three-month project at Ineos’ Unity platform in the North Sea.“Walk-to-work monohull accommodation vessels are relatively new to central and northern North Sea operations, so Seacroft are pleased to have this opportunity to lead in the development and oversight of innovative, safe operating procedures for walk-to-work vessel use in combined accommodation and ERRV roles,” added Cowlam.The company said that it provided project teams delivering marine assurance during drilling rig reactivations for North Sea work, prompted by the upturn in drilling activity.Also, certain clients requested from Seacroft to re-evaluate numerous long-standing ERRV sharing arrangements due to new initiatives surrounding the sharing of ERRVs.last_img read more

Boko Haram ‘kills hundreds’ in North Eastern Nigeria

first_imgAbubakar Shekau the leader of Boko Haram Mohammed Sadiq, another local who helped in the burials on Saturday, put the death toll at more than 400 but the Borno state government did not state a precise figure, giving a toll of “hundreds”. The victims had been covered by sand from the encroaching desert, with the burial ordered by the state authorities, which are looking at the return of thousands of people displaced by the violence.center_img Fresh details are emerging of attacks by Nigeria’s militant group Boko Haram in the North Eastern region of the country.AFP reports that hundreds of people have been found dead in the town of Damasak, believed to be victims of the groups insurgency.There are reports of decomposing bodies littering the streets of Damasak came as president Muhammadu Buhari denounced the Islamists as a bogus religious group and vowed a hard line against them when he comes to power at the end of next month.Northeast Nigeria has been relentlessly targeted throughout the jihadists’ six-year uprising but there had been a lull in violence in recent weeks.A coalition of troops from Chad, Cameroon, Niger and Nigeria has claimed major victories against Boko Haram  since February, reportedly flushing the militants out of areas they previously controlled.The discovery of hundreds of bodies, including women and children, and the latest attacks underlined both the brutality of the conflict and the continuing threat posed by the extremists.The discovery of hundreds of bodies, including women and children, and the latest attacks underlined both the brutality of the conflict and the continuing threat posed by the extremists.According to a report by AFP the grim find in Damasak “far outnumbered” that of about 100 bodies found in a mass grave under a bridge after the town was liberated in early March by Chadian forces, said local resident Kaumi Kusur.“Dead bodies were found in houses, streets and many more in the Damasak River which has dried up,” he said, adding the victims were buried in 20 mass graves at the weekend.last_img read more

Carberry cuts a dash on Fringe

first_img In a race which saw a fair number of casualties, an ice-cool Carberry delivered the well-supported 5-2 favourite with a perfectly-timed run to become the first horse since Double Silk back in 1993 to win both the Cheltenham and Aintree hunter chases in the same season. Any chance of a repeat victory for Warne and Sam Waley-Cohen ended early on with the pair coming to grief at the first, while a fence later Tartan Snow departed. “He’s always been a good jumper and some day he could run in the La Touche Cup (at Punchestown) as he’s good over the banks as well. “I’m pleased another Carberry has won over these fences after Tommy and Paul.” When asked about the National in future, Bolger said: “The boss (JP McManus) and Frank (Berry) will have a chat about future plans, I’m easy to go in either direction but I’d say keep him going at what he’s good at for the time being.” The field were taken along early on by Bound For Glory, with both Ockey De Neulliac and Pacha Du Polder kept close to the leader’s heels. With little change through the majority of the race, it was not until the run to the penultimate fence where Pacha Du Polder moved into a clear lead. Although in the driving seat, the Paul Nicholls-trained eight-year-old was merely a sitting duck for Enda Bolger’s strong-travelling On The Fringe, who in a matter of strides after the last moved up on his shoulders before taking matters up around the elbow and going on to score by three and three-quarter lengths. Carberry, who will ride First Lieutenant in the National on Saturday, said: “I was just a passenger, he was loving it. “It’s a great training performance again to get him back here in the same type of form and he travelled like a dream. “I had loads of room on the outside because I knew if I could get him round I’d be good enough.” Bolger said: “She just had a plan in her head to sit fifth or sixth and keep out of trouble. “It doesn’t always work out like that, but it did today. Press Association On The Fringe gave Nina Carberry a dream outing over the Grand National fences when posting a stylish success in the Crabbie’s Fox Hunters’ Chase at Aintree.last_img read more

Carla primed for Munster test

first_img Carla Bianca’s trainer Dermot Weld said: “She’s very well and will run a big race. “She was trying to give 20lb to the Guineas winner and the Oaks second first time out so the form is strong.” Carla Bianca attempts to banish a disappointing reappearance to the memory when she goes to post for the Munster Oaks Stakes at Cork on Sunday. The daughter of Dansili was most progressive in 2014, winning two Listed prizes and a Group Three, but was fourth of five when odds-on for her comeback in the Victor McCalmont Memorial Stakes at Gowran Park in April. The winner that day was none other than Legatissimo, who went on to land the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket before finishing second in the Oaks. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

2017 County Senior Hurling Championship Draw

first_imgGroup 2Clonoulty-RossmoreDrom’n’InchPortroeBallinaGroup 3Thurles SarsfieldsKilruane MacDonaghsNenagh Eire OgCarrick SwansGroup 4KillenauleMullinahoneEire Og AnnacartyBurgess This is how the clubs came out of the hat at the Sarsfields Centre in Thurles:Group 1KiladanganBorrisoleighUpperchurch-DrombaneLoughmore-Castleiney The draw has also been made for the Séamus Ó Riain Cup (which is Roinn II of the Senior Hurling Championship):Group 1RoscreaBallingarryToomevaraNewportGroup 2Templederry KenyonsMoycarkey-BorrisSilverminesGroup 3JK BrackensBorrisokaneClonakennyGroup 4Lorrha-DorrhaHolycross-BallycahillKnockavilla Kickhamslast_img

Leicester, Man United Kick-off English Season at Wembley

first_imgPremiership champions Leicester City take on Manchester United in the Community Shield at Wembley today for the traditional start-of-season showpiece with Jose Mourinho out to make a statement of intent as he looks to reinvigorate FA Cup champions United.The 20-time top flight champions have bolstered their squad considerably in the summer, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic the capture that has attracted all the attention. United’s pre-season was disrupted by postponements in China, and results on the pitch have been mixed, with a 4-1 defeat against Borussia Dortmund a low point.With fewer games than expected, Mourinho admitted he will use today’s encounter to give some players who are short of match practice some valuable minutes. “We can make six substitutions instead of three, so that gives me the chance to give minutes to people,” Mourinho said. “It also gives me the chance to play some players I know can’t play 90 minutes, as they have no condition to play for 90 minutes.”The doubters have been circling for most of the summer, but Claudio Ranieri refuses to let such talk of Leicester not being able to handle the heat at the top get to his side, and is relishing the chance to take on a stronger-looking United today.“I forgot what happened last season,” Ranieri said.“Now my focus is on the new season. We’re ambitious but know it will be very hard. This is not a friendly. We will give the maximum and also Manchester United will too. Both teams want to win it.”While the loss of N’Golo Kante was a blow, keeping hold of Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez will give fans a boost, and club-record signing Ahmed Musa looks to be in fine form ahead of the new season, with his stunning solo effort against Barcelona in their 4-2 friendly defeat getting Foxes fans fired up and ready to go.Jamie Vardy faces a late fitness test ahead of today’s encounter. The England forward got through 45 minutes against Barcelona unscathed, and Ranieri revealed that he has been training well since. Otherwise, Ranieri has a full squad to choose from.Mourinho has plenty of attacking options to chose from, but is likely to go with Ibrahimovic as the focal point of the attack, with Wayne Rooney just behind.Timothy Fosu-Mensah is a long-term absentee with a calf injury, but Chris Smalling could play some part after working his way back to fitness from a muscular setback.Bastian Schweinsteiger will almost certainly miss out, as he doesn’t appear to be in Mourinho’s plans, and is training on his own.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

IMG Arena launches ‘Greenhouse programme’ targeting next-gen disruptions

first_img StumbleUpon Share Alexey Khobot, Fonbet: The importance of live streaming for Russia’s betting market July 1, 2020 Share Related Articles Submit Brad van Wely – IMG ArenaMore than a year in development, new industry data, insights and content provider IMG Arena announces the launch of its ‘Greenhouse’ innovation programme.Seeking to disrupt all standard components of the global betting sector, IMG Arena launches its Greenhouse directive, ‘funding and mentoring innovative entrepreneurs and companies reimagining the betting and media industries’.For its launch, IMG Arena announces ‘Sportsflare’, an AI-powered, trading analytics tool that uses machine learning to optimise wagering decisions, alongside ‘LinkmetrIQ’, a content smart platform designed to understand and improve customer engagements – as first graduates of the Greenhouse innovation programme.Both enterprises will be supported by IMG Arena’s portfolio of industry products and services, as well as access to IMG’s global sports network.Fulfilling a guiding mandate of IMG Arena, the new betting innovation hub launched this January 2019, Brad van Wely – Vice President of Product at IMG ARENA, stated:-“The Greenhouse programme is at the heart of IMG ARENA. We want to boldly shape the future of sport by disrupting the status quo with next-generation products that positively impact fans’ engagement with, and enjoyment of, their favourite sports.“This is a unique formula. It is flexible, and there are no boundaries when it comes to submitting ideas for consideration by our dynamic innovation team. We want to connect with all manner of passionate entrepreneurs and start-ups and offer a range of versatile streams that have been carefully structured to ensure they are mutually beneficial.”Moving forward, Brad Van Wely details that Greenhouse will seek to supercharge ‘growth ideas’ for the betting sector, with IMG Arena unafraid to back early stage enterprises that could deliver much needed cutting-edge technologies taking betting and media to the next level. IMG Arena nets major media extension with Brazil’s Liga Nacional de Basquete August 19, 2020 IMG ARENA boosts table tennis offering with WTT deal July 9, 2020last_img read more

Justin Upton saw potential for cold free agent market coming before staying with Angels

first_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error J.D. Martinez, a player often compared to Upton, is still a free agent, having repeatedly turned down a five-year, $125 million offer from the Boston Red Sox.For Upton, the decision to stay with the Angels was not just about money, but about a comfort he found in the month he spent with the team after they acquired him from the Tigers on Aug. 31.“I enjoyed the vibe of the clubhouse, how much fun the guys have playing the game,” Upton said. “That’s what you want to be part of. You want to be in the clubhouse, on the field, with these guys every day.”The Angels certainly appreciated having Upton too. He hit seven homers with an .887 OPS in 27 games with them, completing a season in which he hit 35 homers with a .901 OPS.He had four years and $88.5 million left on his deal, when he could have opted out. In exchange for staying, the Angels added a year and $17.5 million. Upton also restructured his deal to reduce his salary by about $5 million in 2018, which allowed the Angels to make other moves. TEMPE, Ariz. — Justin Upton sat on the verge of entering the free agent market before opting to stay with the Angels.The decision looks pretty good now.Upton, who agreed to a five-year, $106 million extension days before he could have opted out in November, remembered that it took him until late January to get a deal with the Detroit Tigers two winters ago.“I kind of got a little taste of it two years ago when I was a free agent,” he said shortly after arriving at camp on Saturday. “I kind of understood the way the trend was going. At the end of the day, if you can avoid it, avoid it, because things are definitely changing.”center_img Now, with additions like Shohei Ohtani, Ian Kinsler and Zack Cozart, Upton believes the Angels are primed to make a run at the postseason.“On paper, obviously were a better team,” Upton said. “We still have to go out and play the games. As far as the way we look now, I think we have a really good ballclub that can contend.”Upton said he’s eager to see if Ohtani can pull off the trick of pitching and hitting.“I go out and long toss and I’m sore,” Upton said. “I can’t imagine pitching and playing the field.”last_img read more

Take a Look at Celebration of FC Sarajevo from Air after becoming BH Champions (video)

first_imgFootballers of Sarajevo beat Zvijezda 09 and won the title of the BiH champions and the double crown, and the historical success together with the fans was celebrated at the Asim Ferhatovic Hase Stadium, as well as in front of the Eternal Fire.The winning cup was raised by Captain of Krste Velkoski in front of some15,000 fans who ran after the last referee’s whistle.The board staff, players, management and Bordeaux fans then headed to the center of the city, where they celebrated.Several thousand supporters of Sarajevo attended the celebration in front of the Eternal Fire, and the celebration was completed with fireworks.In the video, you can see how the celebration at Kosevo Stadium and in front of the Eternal Fire looked like, Klix.ba news portal reports.last_img

Qingdao Huanghai renews its confidence in Juanma Lillo

first_imgJuanma Lillo will be in charge of directing the Qingdao Huanghai in his debut in the Chinese First Division. The Basque was confirmed today as a coach of the Shandong team, with which last season he achieved promotion to the Super League. After a fruitless stage in Vissel Kobe, Lillo arrived in Qingdao in August last year. He took the reins of a team that already occupied places of direct ascent and led him to reap six wins, a draw and a defeat in eight games, what the promotion and the title of the Jia League gave him. “After a friendly negotiation between the two parties, Qingdao Huanghai completed the extension of Juanma Lillo’s contract,” the Chinese club published in one of its official channels. The Spanish coach, who during his first stage in the Barca team had Yaya Touré and the Spaniards Yaki Yen and Joan Verdú, will have to reshape the squad with the aim of minimizing the impact of ascending to the elite of Chinese football. It will, of course, abiding by the new rules that govern the Super League, which include a new salary limit -3 million euros- and an extra place for foreigners – up to four may coincide on the lawn.Juanma Lillo, with experience in Spain, Mexico, Colombia, Chile and Japan, will have for its debut in the Chinese Super League a technical body full of Spaniards. At your service will be the assistants Iñigo López and Óscar Céspedes, the physical trainer Dani Acosta and the physiotherapists Jordi Escura and Érica Hernández.last_img read more